Sunday, November 30, 2008

Holiday Hiatus

Greetings everyone,

I'm taking a break for the month of December, with hopes of receiving lots and lots of toy soldiers in the mail or from Santa.

Here are some pix taken recently at the old toy soldiers home:

MPs from the Nuremberg Trials enter the courtroom (with pony).



Protesting military healthcare providers stage walk-out at Walter Reed Army Medical Center.
And who can blame them?  (they look pretty angry)


Do you suppose this young soldier was called "lard-ass" in Japanese boot camp? (that would be "ラードのろば" in Japanese).


Very flat figure, very high trajectory!


Jamaican artillery division moves large gun into position.


Nazis have no rhythm.



I'd like to see this one painted.


Feel free to place this one under my tree!  You may send the pirates elsewhere, however.



One word of caution: "recoil".




Off-scale soldiers will be machine-gunned on sight!  (gas masks optional)


Cow on runway causes overreaction by ground support crews.



Click on this one for a close up.  From the looks of that knee I think he's going to lose that leg.
(as hungry pooch waits patiently)



Dude in rear surrenders even though no one is paying any attention to him.


I had one very much like this when I was just a wee boy.



Music to toddle off to war by.



Crazy Jumpin' Jeep clone kids need to have alignment check soon.


Welcome to the stupid looking gun club.




Do take this opportunity of my short vacation to look at my other blogs:

...on park rangering

...on helmet collecting

Also check out my youtube videos and let me know what you think.

I'll be back to regular twice monthly posting on January 1.

A happy holiday season to all.

Mannie

2 comments:

FIXED BAYONET METAL SOLDIERS said...

I commented here but now not here

FIXED BAYONET METAL SOLDIERS said...

Mannioe check out my three Crimean war posts you might find them interesting