Sunday, May 8, 2022

School's out. Navarone update.

I had been telling myself since last August that with the end of the school year I'd get back to the toy soldier table...

well, last week was finals, and for the past two days I've been painting a new backdrop, so  it looks like toy soldiering is in the offing.


Positioning the mountain prior to mounting the backdrop to the wall.

For the Navarone scenario, I'm making an overcast sky and a foreboding mountain landscape.  I'm painting it on sheets of cardboard and mounting it over the existing, permanent, South Mountain backdrop.

This morning I finished the backdrop panel, and now I'm putting down a coat of mottled grays on the table surface.  I really like the way that it's starting to look.

If everything stays on track, the battle of Navarone will happen this spring/summer.


Stay tuned, and...


Soldier on!

Mannie

1 comment: