Saturday, September 15, 2018

Americana toy soldiers II, Redcoats


God save the King!


Welcome back for a second go around of these charming Americana toy soldiers, this time featuring British Redcoats of the American Revolution.


I gave the deep background for Americana soldiers a while back (which you can see here).
You can find these guys at just about any Civil War or colonial-era historical site, and these I picked up at Fort Frederick in Maryland as well as Salem Mass.


(Fort Frederick, Washington county, Maryland)


Regular readers of this blog know that I collect all makes of toy soldiers (almost all American Civil War); from low-end BMC to the very pricey W. Britains.  You may scoff, but out of all of them, I think that these glossy little men from Americana are my all-time favorites...what can I say?  To quote my friend and fellow toy soldier enthusiast Scott Lesch: "I like the things I like."


So here's the text-free walk around of these neat and glossy 54mm redcoats:




























See you next time; until then...

Soldier on!

Mannie

2 comments:

Brian Carrick said...

They certainly have a style and charm of their own, we never see these in Europe so thanks for sharing them. There's something about the style of sculpting that puts me in mind of the BMC Yorktown figures, is there any connection?

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

I do like these figures they have a certain style .