Saturday, September 10, 2022

Fort Apache part 3: small detail

This is just a quickie.

On the over-the-gate blockhouse something was bugging me. It was the weird horizontal compartment between the floor of the blockhouse and the top of the gates...you can just make it out in these photos  (downloaded from the web). It served no purpose and was a weird engineering/design decision.


To fill it in, I took a fort wall section over the the bandsaw and cut out some horizontal pieces that exactly fit the gap.

Glued into place, I can hardly tell that the gap was there.


I think that details like this are going to make the project take longer to complete, but will also make the project that much more fun.


Soldier on!

Mannie

2 comments:

The Good Soldier Svjek said...

That looks far better !

Scott B. Lesch said...

Hi Mannie. Locked out of Face Book again. I'm restarting my blog to see how this goes. Scott