Saturday, May 11, 2024

Wolverines: the Seventh Michigan Volunteer Cavalry

I've just completed my next-to-last toy soldier regiment (famous last words) *

and I now have a 21-man regiment of cavalry, and they're all men from my home state of Michigan.

As with all of my pewter regiments, the size of the unit is based solely on the size of the shelf in the case.  In this instance one shelf acommodated three rows of seven mounted men...perfect!

The troopers are of seven different manufactures: W. Britain, Frontline, Collector's Showcase, King and Country, and a few more old-timey brands like Stadden, Imrie Risley, and even a Mignot.

Over the next several posts, I will be showcasing the various figures.  I'm looking forward to it, and maybe you are  too.

Go out and smell the flowers, and...


Soldier on!

Mannie

* I'm currently working on the last of my regiments, the 6th Alabama; John B. Gordon's "Raccoon Roughs."


2 comments:

Der Alte Fritz said...

How many cavalry regiments do you have?

Mannie Gentile said...

Fritz, this is the sole cavalry regiment.

Mannie